Huge thanks to everyone who participated and helped make this happen! You’re awesome!
The 2015 Symposium on LIS Education is a two day student-led event, facilitated by LIS students, for LIS students. The Symposium will bring together students, LIS educators, and practitioners to critically examine current practices in LIS education programs. As a group, participants will identify and brainstorm solutions to current challenges facing LIS education.
The Symposium program will feature invited presentations by Emily Weak (of Hiring Librarians), Micah Vandegrift, Annie Pho, and Brianna Marshall (of Hack Library School), refereed presentations, and unconference-style facilitated discussions.
When & Where?
April 10–11, 2015 in Champaign, IL and virtually.
For more information about coming to Champaign, see the Housing & Travel page.
Join the conversation!
Take part in the conversation! Here’s how –
- Register to attend the 2015 Symposium on LIS Education, in person or virtually. Registration is free!
- Connect with us on Twitter @LIS_Symposium and using #LISed15
- Have student-led discussions about LIS programs at your institutions. (And tell us about them!)
- Contact the planning committee with ideas, suggestions, comments, skepticism, and questions
- If you are able to and would like to support our efforts, consider donating or volunteering during the event
Email us at email@example.com